International Geographic Summary Data and Boundary Files
The IPUMS International Historical Geographic Information System (IHGIS) provides data tables from population and housing censuses as well as agricultural censuses from around the world, along with corresponding GIS boundary files. (Collection level DOI: 10.18128/C120)
Through IHGIS, users can download:
- Data tables from population and housing censuses from around the world, derived from tables in published results documents.
- Data tables from agricultural censuses from around the world, derived from tables in published results documents.
- Boundary files delineating the geographic units described in the data tables.
- Data tabulated from IPUMS International microdata samples.
Topics covered in IHGIS data include demographics, education, employment, housing characteristics, and migration in population and housing censuses and agricultural land ownership, agricultural workforce, livestock, and crops in agricultural censuses.
Principal Investigators and Senior Personnel:
- Lara Cleveland
- Jack DeWaard
- Audrey Dorélien
- Kathryn Grace
- Miriam King
- Tracy Kugler
- Steven Manson
- Evan Roberts
- Steven Ruggles
- Jonathan Schroeder
- Kelly Searle
- David Van Riper
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- University of Minnesota
IPUMS IHGIS Versions
|2||02/21/2023 - Present||10.18128/D120.V2
Get latest data!
|1||10/19/2020 - 02/21/2023||10.18128/D120.V1|